Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blessed by Others

I have been thinking about how very thankful I am that God has placed so many people around me to help me in my walk.  He touches me often through my wife, daughters, parents, other family and many friends and acquaintances.  I am utterly amazed.  Just chatting with friends (in person or via email, text or phone) or even when a preschooler asks me, "Pastor Kevin, what does God look like?" I experience Him fresh and new.  Sitting down and reading books and devotionals are a blessing too.  Thank you, God, for how you help deepen my walk with You through so many people!

Here is a sampling of a devotion that blessed me today by Richard Rohr: 
"Don't waste the next years of your life being against anybody, anything, any group, any supposed sin, or any institution.  Just go ahead and do it better yourself.  It's so common sense when you hear it.  As Mohandas Gandhi put it, 'Be the change you hope to see in the world.' And the church!"

God be with you on the Journey!
Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Being the change - There are a lot of people (especially Christians) that walk past a problem and say, "Someone should do something about that!" yet do nothing themselves. If I complain about the foster care system, yet unwilling to open my home to a foster child...what am I?

    Rodney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Rodney! We can complain about many things, especially in our churches, but few people are willilng to step up and actually do the things that really can make a change. Thanks for your comment.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete