Friday, January 21, 2011

Back to Blogging

Well, I finally got my old blogs moved to a new spot.  I hope to be more active on this now.  I have added some folks on the instant receiving list of my new blogs.  If you are not interested in that, I will be glad to remove you.

 I have gained a new interest in blogging in response to some study I have been doing in a Pastor as Spiritual Guide program I am doing through a group called The Center for Congregational Health.  The focus has been on helping 10 pastors learn more about developing our own spiritual lives and helping others to develop their spiritual lives.  It sounds simple doesn't it?  But we so often major on "running the church" that we very rarely get to focus on the real spiritual stuff that is involved in shepherding a group of believers.  It has been refreshing!

We are led by Larry Williams, a retired Baptist Pastor, and Joanna Walsh, a Catholic nun.  We have 4 Presbyterian, 2 Baptist, 2 Methodist, 1 Lutheran and 1 Disciples of Christ pastor(s) in the group.  We have been learning more about doing the spiritual disciplines (see Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline for more definition on "spiritual disciplines") and teaching others to use these spiritual disciplines.  Now, we get to teach a 6 week class on Henri Nouwen's book,  Making All Things New.  I will do that during lent on Friday nights at my house.  We are limiting the group to 12 folks.

Part of my new spiritual disciplines is to journal.  So, I think a great deal about putting some of that on here. Sorry to write so much, I am just happy to be back at it.  I will quit now.  Have a great day!

God be with you on the journey!
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment