Saturday, July 11, 2009

Good Goodbyes make for Good Hello's

Well it has started. We are saying "goodbye" to many folks and experiencing our "lasts". Last Wednesday Bible Study, last band practice, last.... Tomorrow is my last Sunday as Pastor of FBC Hamilton. It's emotional.

It hurts to say goodbye to our friends, family, church family and community. God helped me understand that I will not replace these relationships and I will not be replaced, we are all just moving on in the next step of our journey. God is going to bring someone to help these friends, church family and community in the situations to come in a more timely way than I can. That helps keep from sensing such deep loss.

It is also exciting to see what God is going to do next. I feel a sense of awe at how God is preparing me for the challenges to come. I don't know everything that is coming, but I feel a great sense of peace that He is with Lynnette, the girls and myself in whatever comes.

Keep praying for us. Sorry it has taken me so long to post again.

God be with you on the Journey!
Kevin

2 comments:

  1. God bless you Kevin and girls! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! We need all the prayers we can get right now.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete