Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Reflection after 3 1/2 hours of voting

This is the first time in my ministry career that a church I serve has been a polling place for a Presidential election.  Here are some of my initial observations:

1. WOW - I estimate over 200 people in the initial line at 6:00 AM.
2. Wow - 4:30 am is early to be here to open up the church building.
3. Can I say it again? Wow - folks are very nice to one another in the voting lines.
4. The election officials are really nice too.
5. I was very pleased with most of the campaigns getting signs in the correct places.  One campaign that starts with an "R" did not follow directions.
6. It is taking about 12 minutes from the door of the fellowship hall to get totally done voting.
7. If the line goes down the main hall, wraps around the commons area, past the sanctuary entrance and halfway back up the hall, it takes about an hour to get done voting.
8. People like coffee in the voting line.  I went through 7 pots by 9:00 AM.
9. Our parking lot is almost not big enough for this crowd.  Amazing.
10. It feels good to be an American right now. Too bad the political process is not always this congenial.

God be with you in the Journey!
Kevin
 

2 comments:

  1. Im not going to say what everyone else has already said, but I do want to comment on your knowledge of the topic. Youre truly well-informed. I cant believe how much of this I just wasnt aware of. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. Im truly grateful and really impressed. TOP Google Ranking On Your Site

    ReplyDelete
  2. this in future. Lots of other people shall be benefited from your post. Thanks!
    Surprisingly! Its like you understand my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, just like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pm 0.1 filter
    hydrogen water machine amazon
    ionic air purifier reviews consumer reports

    ReplyDelete