Saturday, March 31, 2012

NCAA Bracket

I do not usually spend time on my blog talking about sports, but the Final Four, March Madness, etc. is one of my favorite times of the year.  Of course, football season is the ultimate best, but March Madness is great.  So many memories.  NC State's Jim Valvano running onto the court after beating Houston in 1983 is a classic that really brought me fully into the sport.  I had always enjoyed watching Norm Stewart's Mizzou teams win with Jon Sunvold and Steve Stipanovich.  But watching Clyde the Glide get beat by the original Cinderella Team really caught the excitement of the tournament for me.  Then so many great moments, the best of which was trying to lead a youth event in a basement in Taylorsville, KY, in 1992 while Kentucky was playing the favorite Duke in what many call the best game ever.  We gave up the youth plan and watched the game.
   Now, I am having a great problem:  Kentucky is my second favorite team (behind Mizzou, but I cannot yet talk about Mizzou's performance in the tournament this year) and Kansas is my most disliked team.  If Kentucky wins, I lose my office bracket game.  If Kansas wins, and Kentucky loses, I win the bracket game.  So, how can a good Missouri boy every cheer for KU?  I know Jesus tells us to love our enemies, but I guess I will just sacrifice the bracket game.
  I know this is not too spiritual, but I have to admit, it is on my mind.  I hope anyone that actually reads this far will realize it does not even really matter.  I just enjoy the game most of all.  Shoot, I may even get my nephew a Norfolk State T-shirt since he is a KU fan.

Have fun in whatever lifts your spirit today!

God be with you in the Journey!
Kevin

3 comments:

  1. hi everyone, my patois is weenie and i virtuous want to say that this is an excellent journal aggregation and i really saved it attending, would it be okay if i submitted posts to this diary most topics i initiate gripping?
    Took me time to read all the comments, however I really loved the article. It proved to be very useful to me and Im positive to all of the commenters here! Its all the time good when you cant only learn, but in addition engaged! I am certain you had joy penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there arent much good source like this.
    Hello! Just wanted to say blog. Continue with the good work!
    OLANSI FACTORY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without this, you have no likelihood in opposition to SPAM. Akismet does an awesome job in catching SPAM comments. Although typically good comments get filtered as SPAM, but you may all the time recover them by going by way of your SPAM comments regularly.


    Ro water purifier
    UF water purifier
    Hydrogen water bottle

    ReplyDelete
  3. aricles.
    OMG! Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the negative ion generator reviews consumer reports
    air purifier made in germany
    meat purifier

    ReplyDelete