Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where do I start?

Have you ever asked, "I would like to be more involved in my church, but where do I start?"

I don't know about all churches, but I know that at Centerville that we need a number of "willing workers."  The property committee always has a list of things that need to get done.  I saw one member just picking up sticks in the yard a few weeks ago - what a blessing, as far as I know no one told him it needed to be done. This past weekend a married couple were helping clean up a room that needed attention.  We have a number of those.  Again, what a blessing!!!  You can always come up and greet parents as they are dropping off children for preschool.  If you are willing to go through the proper background checks, we might be able to use you in one of our children/student ministries.  I would love to just spend an hour praying with you, I can't think of any greater honor than going before the throne of God together.  There are times to help serve at a food kitchen or the Great Bridge Food Closet might need help, just ask the Benevolence Committee.  There are a number of College Students' names on a bulletin board that could use contact from our church, you could help there. 
  Basically you just need to let us know and I am sure we can find something.  Keep up the good work!
God be with you on the Journey!
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment